How to Opt-Out of BackgroundAlert in 2022
This guide was updated July 5, 2022
The easiest way to get your data off of BackgroundAlert is to have us do it for you. Check out our plans to sign up.
We hope this guide is helpful!
1. Go to www.backgroundalert.com.
2. On the bottom of the page click the “Remove My Info” link.
3. Enter your first and last names and state. Click the search button.
4. When you find your record, click the “That's me” button.
5. Type in the email address you are using for your opt outs. Click the “Next” button.
6. Select "Upload Image of ID". Upload any image. Click the “Next” button.
7. Check your inbox for the confirmation email then click the "Confirm Opt-out" link (or copy and paste it into your browser).
8. Success! You have submitted your removal request successfully.
If any of this information is out of date, please let us know and we will work to update it.